To Claim Tax Deduction

:- You need to have a Receipt

:- Date should be in Financial Year in which you are claiming tax deduction

:- The Charity should have an Australian Business number (ABN) and it should be shown on the receipt

:- The ABN of the charity must be DGR registered

(Many organisations have two ABN's one is DGR registered and other one not make sure that your receipts show an ABN which is DGR registered)

:- you will be getting back only a percentage of your donation - according to the tax rates you are paying- say if your income is between $37,000.00 and $87,000.00 and you are donating $100 to a DGR registered charity- you will be getting back $34.50